'nother
semifreddo amartuerer

Bikes: several

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AnthonyG
Whats wrong with real food and why do people think that a powdered version is better?

I'm an advocate for REAL food. Whenever I see powdered this or powdered that I think its rubbish as a matter of course and 99.9% of the time I would be right.

Real food contains many co-factors, enzymes and other nutrients that make them supperior. Unfortunately, or fortunately deppending on how you look at it they spoil so you need to eat them fresh. Powdered foods are convenient for big companies to produce, ship around the country and pack on suppermarket shelves for 6 months+ but the goodness in them has been removed so as they don't spoil.

Rant over!

Regards, Anthony
I follow what you're saying and in general I prefer to get the majority of my nutrients from regular foods.

But 'real food' often contains other things that you might not always want, especially if you are fine-tuning your ratios of carbohydrates-fats-proteins. For example, you can get "whey protein" from milk or cream, but in order to get the same amount of protein out of that as you would from whey powder, you'd be getting *a lot* of extra fat and carbohydrate.

As to egg protein vs whey . . . if the ratios/amounts of protein are the same, it's hard to say one is necessarily "better" than the other, nutrition-wise. I choose whey powder because it doesn't have much taste and mixes well into lots of different things (I usually put it in oatmeal or other hot cereal in the morning). I suppose if you are allergic to eggs then whey would be a better choice, or vice-versa. I have a kid who's allergic to both, as well as nuts, so we have to be really conscious of making sure she gets enough protein. We supplement with soy protein powder. I hate that crap, as it tastes like ass and it's really chalky and doesn't like to mix into things.