thebankman
Stooge

Bikes: one of each

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cholesterol is down after half a year of training

After about six months of heavy training every day as physical therapy, weight loss, commuting, and muscle build up, I've gone from a total cholesterol of 210 to 180. Along with a change in diet to cut out saturated fat and cholesterol as much as possible, I have been commuting by bicycle instead of by car to school, used this forum to get info on the "right foods" to eat and when to eat them as sports nutrition, and have put in countless hours working on spinning and improving form.

The thing I found most valuable in trying to lower the cholesterol is to just look at the nutritional contents on the package in a grocery store. If the sat. fat and cholesterol were anything about 10%, just pass on it. If it's under 10%, you can continue and look at the other nutritional values. Also, the common sense approach works: a burger stuffed with cheese and bacon aint gonna help you get healthy or lose weight, it's a NO DUH approach.

Best thing about riding a bike every day: you don't have to eat less to drop fat and get fit!