Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 03-27-06, 11:12 AM
darkmother
Get the stick.

Bikes: 12 Y.O. Litespeed MTB, IRO Jamie Roy fixie, Custom Habanero Ti 'Cross, No name SS MTB, Old school lugged steel track bike (soon)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cavernmech
Do you need a full reaming tho. There is reaming...usually for freshly built frames or damaged ones that need to go one size bigger in seatpost size. If it is just corrosion and crap that needs to be cleaned out...a flex hone is prolly the way to go. It is a long flexible drill attachment that has a bunch of abrasive knobs on it . Lube it up......insert it.....hone away the offending matter.
Probably just needs to be cleaned up as you suggest-but I don't have a flex hone. Actually, it's the Gitane (?) track frame I picked up a couple of weeks back at your shop. I built it up and was riding it on the weekend-it's a really nice handling BTW-fits me well too. Right now, it's got a really short 26.0 post that doesn't fit deep enough into the frame for long term milage, it will be too hard on the frame. I have a longer post, but it gets jammed about 1.5" inches down into the ST.