EastTennesseeBP

Bikes: Cannondale f600 MTB, '05 Bianchi Volope

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To fix or go new?

Hi Guys,

I bought a '05 Bianchi Volpe last fall and had been enjoying it pretty much this whole time. I wasnt super impressed with a few paint craftsmanship issues, and I wasnt super thrilled with the Tiagra group, but I got it for a really good deal so I couldnt really complain. I switched out the tires for some Maxxis road tires, adde arear rack, otherwise its stock.

Last Wednesday, unfortunatly I was involved in a accident with a automobile. I am generaly ok, but the bike is damaged, now I'm at those crossroads, on deciding on what to do with it.

-The front tire is bent pretty bad(might be fixable, but i doubt it.)
-The crank arm is bent up almost to the frame
-the big cog in front looks pretty bent
-Front deraileur is pretty bent
-Both brakes are pretty locked up, might just be from bent tires though
-The left brake/shift lever is bent over and down on a pretty radical angle
-The seat stay is bent inwards, but not radicaly, but it looks for sure bent
-I cant tell if the chaninstay is bent
-The cork tape is pretty shredded

Other question can I trust a frame that has been hit by a car?

Does this sound repairable?

I did talk to the LBS I bought it from, and he said hed look at it, and give me a honest opinion, and he mentioned these times are good times to upgrade things. What upgrades would be worth it at this point. I paid $600 for it last year on sale it was a $900 bike. At what price factor do you guys think I should consider not bothering and just going with a new bike. If i would go new anything along the lines of the Volpe you guys would reccomend. I have a little bit of time to decide. I really wont be doing anything to at least next week, I'm still on the mend.

Thanks.