Thread: TUFO tires
View Single Post
Old 05-24-03, 06:20 PM
Maurizio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I haven't used their tubular-clincher tires, but I do use their Giro-Twix Model Tubulars on my race wheels.

I've ridden Gommitalia's, Veloflex's, Vittoria's, Tufo's, Continental's, and in the end... I've settled upon the fact that the Tufo's are ABSOLUTELY #1.

All the other tubulars that have tread on them wear off in about 400 miles (2 months of racing at most). The Tufo Giro Twix's last me a whole season of races before they get worn down. I've never had them flat (I have flatted the Gommitalia's and Vittoria's) and they've never had weird problems with them (some Continental Competition 22's I was racing had the base tape de-laminate causing a huge and violent crash about 18 months ago). They're inflatable up to 220 PSI, in case you'd ever want them that high (I usually race them at 150-160). They've never washed out on me when taking a tight crit corner in the rain.

And on top of all that, they can be had for about $50-55, which is cheaper than the $80 or so that you'll spend for the other brand's top of the line models.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

- Maurizio