Old 03-31-06, 11:42 AM
super-douper
Powered by PB&J

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
eat more to lose weight?

For about 2 weeks I've been using fitday to log my calories and activity. I use it more as a rough gauge of caloric intake and expenditure (me got dem fancy werds!). While I noticed that just recording the foods I ate altered my food decisions, I still found that I was running a large deficit. I've been eating more and more often. I've also been trying to stay more active. Walking for 30-45 mins a day, ride the trainer for at least 30mins a day, or ride outside for an hour every day. I'm usually at about a 1000 calorie deficit and that's with my increased eating! Although it's been only a couple weeks, i'm not losing any weight.

My question is, to lose weight (maybe 3lbs per week) what should I be doing differently? Eat more? exercise less? wait it out? eat less? exercise more?

I've heard that for weight loss 600-800 calorie deficit is ideal, is my 1000 calorie deficit too much? Remember that the deficit was probably worse before I started logging calories. I wonder if my body has been in "survival mode" and my metabolism is very low as a result. If this is the case, how can i kick-start it?