View Single Post
Old 04-01-06, 05:06 AM
Deanster04

Bikes: Cinelli Supercoursa 69, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Mondonico Diamond Extra 05, Coors Light Greg Lemond (built by Scapin) 88, Scapin MTB, Stumpjumper 83, Specialized Stumpjumper M4, Lemond Poprad 2001

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by MAK
I have a Gary Fisher Hybrid with about 600 miles on it. The wind blew it over and something on the rear derailleur bent. I was unable to shift onto the two largest rear sprockets. I took it into the LBS for a repair and general cleaning. The bike now shifts smoothly from largest down to smallest sprocket but when shifting up, the shift onto the fourth sprocket actually delays about two to three seconds and then clunks into gear. The next upshift is no problem. BTW, this is while in both the large and middle front sprocket. My gearing is 28/38/48 and 11-32 Tiagra. Yes, I can take it back to the LBS with no problem but if there is a quick fix or something I can do myself I'd like to learn.

Any suggestions? Thank you.
Take it back. They may need to do a little more work on the bent Dhanger first before you try adjusting the derailluer. Don't waste your time.