View Single Post
Old 05-26-03, 05:22 PM
Kev

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Honestly it is only half of what insurance company you have, the other half is who carries it. A small company you won't get near as good coverage as with a larger company. My ex-wife had to have a leap(sp?) procedure done a few years ago, and she started hemeroging(sp?) really bad so they rushed her to the emergency room. Well because she was under a paticular HMO that did not cover blood transfusion they never checked her blood, it was so low she had migraines for over a week and could not work for almost 2 weeks.

My mom works for school district she had excellent insurance, was a PPO covered 90% of everything, we paid first doctor visit $60 and never paid a dime after that. Last I heard though they changed her deductible or whatever you call it is $600 a year for the family. You're company in a way works out their own deal with the insurance company to cover this and not that etc.. Basicaly if you get sick ALOT a PPO is normaly cheaper and more efficient but if not you are better off with a HMO. There is no good solution in the US for medical insurance except dont' get sick. I live in california to, not sure if it is bad in other states.