View Single Post
Old 04-05-06, 05:01 AM
mrfreddy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slowrider1
2. You've got to use what you're body requires for fuel, ie carbs, proteins and fat. It all matters. The issue is how much of what. It is about the glucose levels, regulating that is the key. I can eat 10 grapes .
actually, your body has zero requirement for carbs. good healthy carbs contain stuf that's good for you but nothing that is essential. You can live quite heartily on fat and protein alone. you CANNOT do so on only carbs...

also, once you've trained yourself to exercise using fat as fuel rather than glucose ( by switching to a low carb diet and continuing to exercise), bonking isnt an issue. bonking happens when you run out of your two hours or so supply of glucose. you have an endless supply of fat, even if you are lance armstrong or mick jagger skinny!

I dont have diabetes, so maybe I dont understand the issues, but I do know a low carb diet does wonders for the condition, type 2 particularly, and that you simply dont need to be fueling your workouts with glucose... so if you are diabetic and you are doing so... well, it just seems crazy to me...