View Single Post
Old 04-05-06, 06:33 AM
NOS88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jppe
That is a great idea. However, before I venture too far from my house to invite people I need to get more of my family to join me as well. I'm jealous when I hear about P8 and Gary riding with their kids.

jppe, you speak my mind.

Last year I did get one of my neighbors to come out for a 12 mile ride. He wanted to race me the whole time. He's ten years younger and wanted to show me he was in shape. I tried telling him he didn't have to race. Poor guy's face was so red he looked as if he was going to explode. So, I let him take the lead and win all of his races to the next stop light or traffic sign. By the end of the ride I had enough of his, "Come on. Get them old legs spinning!" crap that I told him we'd have a real race. We'd go the last two miles (which included one hill about 3/4 mile long and 5 or 6% grade). He jumped on the chance, and I jumped on the pedals. Needless to say he became a distant speck in my mirror by the time we got back to our neighborhood. He was really angry at me, of all things. Maybe I need to think more about which neighbor would be a good choice for the challenge. This guy isn't the guy.

Last edited by NOS88; 04-11-06 at 02:22 PM.