Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 04-05-06, 01:38 PM
TRaffic Jammer
Dances With Cars

Bikes: TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
just sent to Jacob Two Two:

Somehow .... I hope and pray that you are joking somewhat. I can understand about your frustration from the point of a driver BUT. The bikers in any given city are a product of their environment and as such they adapt to their surroundings (we get our cues from the cars). Any crackdown should I think be a complete nazi crackdown on anything that touches the road. Ever follow a single car into downtown and for the fun of it count the number of bad lane changes, the yellow runs, rolling turns on reds, etc etc etc? I have and I was upto about 1500$ in fines and 10 demerits in a 6 km trip. Bikers are an indicator of how the cars rule the road. If the cagers are terrified and maddened by the fact we show zero regard for them, they only need to look at how they drive themselves and how they treat each other and us....

As for freeloading....every tax payer pays for the roads AND supporting the auto industry here in Canada. I don't know the exact figure, but massive amounts of money have been handed to the manufacturers. All coming from a variety of taxes. It's a wee bit arrogant to assume driver pays the full tab for the roads because it simply isn't so. As a cyclist I pay the same taxes you do with the exception of fuel taxes and I need to generally fight for enough room to ride. The strange thing is that bikes have never EVER caused a road to wear out.

I would fight the kids being dropped off ticket. As for the rest of your 2-3K of tickets a year, I would recommend using a parking lot, as it sounds like it will end up being cheaper.

Andrew