Old 04-05-06, 11:02 PM
willtsmith_nwi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Close ...

Originally Posted by Breitling
I'm 6'1, and I wear pants with a 32 inch inseam--which go a little past my feet. I am looking at a 2003 Jamis Exile XC in 19" size. Will this bike fit me? I'm really more concerned about the top tube. Thanks
For your size, a 19" will likely be a "small" fit. It all depends on what if you are comfortable on the bike.

Make sure that you try riding a 21" bike to see if you like the feel of that one better. If the shop doesn't have 21" (typically an extra large), try riding some bikes at other shops.

Fit is often a personal thing. You could take too people with identical body structure and they may choose two different size bikes.

Realize that you're preference may change once you are riding as well. What you think feels good today may encumber you tomorrow. Take for example a BMX rider who is used to a REALLY small bike. They might choose an MTB one size too small because they are used to that fit. But once they ride enough XC-MTB, they will soon feel encumbered by an inability to really "stretch" out.