Old 04-09-06, 11:31 AM
SemperFi

Bikes: 05' Specialized Sequoia Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Specialized vs. Trek - Decision Time

Spent last weekend test riding the Trek 7.3 FX and 7.5 FX and this weekend test riding the Specialized Sirrus Sport and Sirrus Comp. I think I have my decision narrowed down to the Trex 7.5 FX or the Sirrus Comp but they're both a bit pricey for me (especially the Sirrus Comp). Not being too savvy on the differences in the components of the two bikes I'm looking for a little guidance. Like everyone else out there I'd like to get the biggest bang for my buck. Here are some specs. Both have aluminum frames. The Trek has an alloy fork, the Sirrus has a carbon fork and seat post. Trek rear derailleur is Deore, Sirrus is Shimano 105. Trek tires are Bontrager 32c, Sirrus tires are Nimbus 28c w/Armadillo. Trek shifters are Deore 9 speed, Sirrus has Shimano R-440-9, Rapidfire. Trek cassette is SRAM PG950 11-32, 9 speed, Sirrus has Sram PG950 12-26, 9 speed. I guess that these are the main vital specs but again I'm a novice at this so I could be overlooking something important. Any comments or recommendations would be appreciated. Sometimes I think I picked out my car (2005 Honda Accord Coupe V6) in less time than I'm spending on my bike decision.