Old 04-10-06, 11:39 AM
Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bought the 2006 Trek 1500 - Follow up & Possible problem.

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll repost my problem in this thread again. For some reason it won't update the main thread title.

Thanks to all for the great info. I now have an update...I bought the bike! Whoooo! I now officially own the 2006 Trek 1500 and lemme tell ya, it's beautiful! I really like this this thing and it flies. It's really fast and it has me worried riding in the city Can't wait to get out to some more secluded places without too many cars. I was thinking of some upgrades but in the end I figured everything is pretty much good as is and I went with the bike as a stock. THe main thing I changed was moving over my MTB clipless pedals to the road bike and bought some Sidi Eagle 5 MTB shoes (size 46). Very great combo so far. I am new to the whole clipless thing but I'm slowly learning and I feel fairly confident already with the whole clipping in and out. The next little upgrade will probably be a bike seat. The bike is a 56 and it feels a bit more compact than the 58 but it fits nice. The main concern for me right now is that when I'm riding at a somewhat slow speed and I turn the wheel on somewhat of a 45 degree angle the front tire comes in contact with my shoes if I'm pedalling or have my feet forward. My Sidi shoes already have scuff marks because of the tire coming in contact with them. Now is this a common thing with road bikes? I'm thinking maybe moving up to the 58 will help solve this issue because it does kind of bother me. I still have to do a fit test and I will probably do that within the coming days.

Take care and safe riding!

P.S.
I'm about 6 and weight about 185lbs.