Old 04-12-06, 08:23 PM
LSPR_MTU
whzzzzzzzzz-bam!

Bikes: Trek 1000, Schwinn Frontier

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the clarification guys, I guess I got a bit confoozled there. I guess I ordered a chainwhip for no reason. Oh well, maybe I'll need it someday. BTW, The axle isn't missing - I had just removed it before I took the pic.

While I'm waiting for my freewheel tool to get here, I went ahead and overhauled the front hub. It went pretty well - smooth as butter now. I also tried to clean the wheel up a bit, but I wasn't able to get all the rust off the rim - it's actually pitted in a couple places. It's a bit disappointing, but I'll live. I may tri taking some sandpaper to it, or just keep my eye out for a set of 27" 6-speed wheels in good condition (fat chance).

So noone's heard of a Raleigh R100th before? I don't expect it was every a high-end model, but I can't seem to find out anything from google searches about it. If I had to guess, I'd say mid-late 80's. Everything on the bike is cup & cone, suntour components, stem shifters, really crappy 2-position brake levers. Even the bottom bracket is weird - the squar taper ends in a bolt, and a nut is actually used to secure the crank. All the other square taper bb's I've seen use a bolt for the crank, screwed into the bb.