MI_rider
Go Yankees

Bikes: Bianchi Volpe, Trek 2300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Rev.Chuck
This is not, by a longshot, my speciality, but wouldn't induction require ferrous metal?
For induction you just need any material that will conduct electricity. Copper is what is commonly used and it is not ferrous

Originally posted by Rev.Chuck
Is itnotalso possible that the guy is a little off? I have a customer that believes that loosening the adjusting screws on her rear der. makes the bike faster even tho I have shown her exactly what they do.
I guess that is why I started the thread was to see if anyone else had ever heard of anything similiar. I believed the guy but since I didn't know him I wasn't sure. I guess that it happens more than I realized.

My best guess for what is happening is that he really has two complete loops on the bike. The bike frame and the cables that on his bike run across the top of the bike. They are probably seperated by some kind of insulater (plastic spacers). Since the cables are steel and the frame is aluminum when it passes through the magnetic field generated by the lines it will create two differnt flows in the two different metals. Thus the potential difference and the shock when he completes the circuit between the two. Of course we would have to hook the bike up to volt meters to verify this but it is my best guess.

Thanks for all of the responses.

Steve