Old 04-17-06, 09:30 AM
nmichell

Bikes: '05 Salsa La Raza, '13 Aluboo (bamboo) SS, '12 DaVinci Grand Junction tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jppe
On the 4 mph........I've walked the bike up a few hills and that's faster than when you're pushing the bike!! Good advice on climbing: As long as you're moving forward you're doing okay!!

That route sounds like a great loop.......come good grunts and fast descents with great views. It sounds like it has it all and can be done in around 2 hours perhaps????

Anything over 50 mph is fast!!!

My fastest speed is almost the same speed......I hit 52 mph last year and was passing motorcycles. I kept asking myself about the condition of the front tire and tring to figure out how many miles it had on it. Too late to be thinking about that then!!!! I don't think I'll hit that again as I have less weight to help gravity out. Unless the new ceramic bearings make that much of a difference!!
It's a really scenic route. It took me about 2 1/4 hours since I'm very slow over the hills, but I finished in good shape. There's a ride here at the end of summer that includes the part along the reservoir (on the right, not the one for mountain goats on the left )

http://www.math.colostate.edu/~estep/2006_hdd.html