View Single Post
Old 04-18-06, 08:48 AM
Banzai
Jet Jockey

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD9, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Nashbar X-frame bike, Bike Friday Haul-a-Day, Surly Pugsley.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by halfspeed
The "ergo" bars that come on Trek's C-series bikes, for example, are very different from the "ergo" bars that come on the "regular" versions. They both have an ergo bend, but the shapes are not the same.

If you know what result you're after, it's a lot easier to describe the characteristics than it is to try to fit into an artificial and inaccurate categorization.
Quite so. Then call them characteristics if you will, it matters little. The entire point is to not discuss the individual variations of every single drop bar, which are seemingly infinite, but rather to conceptualize the characteristics. I said in my lengthy post exactly the point you've been trying to make, in an effort to both disclaim and to avoid an entire discussion on EVERY SINGLE possibility. This is silly. Perhaps we should start a new thread: "Describe in detailed measurement and shape the varied and multitudinous drop bars available to the bicycle consumer."

Semper Fi...since this is about your back and your bike, I hope you've had the opportunity to test ride the models you've been eyeing.
And, of course, if down the road you decide that maybe you should have chosen differently...well, that's what's so great about bikes (at least to me): they satisfy the tinkerer hiding inside. A little money and some wrench work at home can transform a bicycle into something totally different.
Both the Sirrus and the Sequoia are good bikes dude...and both good choices. You've heard countless opinions, and it may be to the point where only some good test rides will answer for sure.