Old 04-18-06, 08:52 PM
Dirty Digger

Bikes: Raceline Ultra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The next level- what can do with all this info?

Hi,

I have been back doing some half-serious cycling for 18 months. I purchased a Polar 625x when I started and have logged just about every ride, so I have a *bucket* load of info on my rides. (But don;t have the power meter). A summmary:

Sex: M
Weight: 79 kg
Height: 182 m
V2omax (Polar index): 50
HRrest: 54
HRmax (actual, running): 183
HRpeak bicycle: 178

Average distance per week over 18 months (including breaks): 105 km
Typical distance per week when riding: c. 180 km
Typically 2-3 mixed informal training rides during week, plus a 60-100 km 'slogfest' informal road race with mates on Sat/Sun. I also swim 2-3 times per week, gym once and run a little.
I haven't raced, but am told by friends who do that I would be a 'comfortable' middle-of-the-pack Masters C grader if I did at the moment.

About once a week I use a quiet road circuit nearby for reco rides, intervals, aerobic etc. Its 5 km long, just about flat with just 1 traffic light that can be gunned most of the time. I have plotted (using Excel) my circuit time vs av. HR for this circuit over the past 18 months and get a r squared of 0.86644 for a linear approximation which is not a bad fit given other variables (wind speed, slowing down at lights sometimes and temp etc). I can send this to anyone if it helps?

My question is, where to from here? I'd like to ramp it up a little but with some guidence. Can I get some software which will *use* this info to recommend a training program? Some (most?) don't seem to utilise *existing* data.

Personally I think I need to work on my aerobic capacity. Most of the sports I have played in the past and am good at (swimming, squash, windsurfing) were mostly anaerobic fast twich muscle type sports. I have never yet been dropped by my cycling peers in a sprint, but I sometimes lack the endurance they do.

I'd be most grateful for your advice. Thanks.

Dirty Digger