Old 04-21-06, 12:28 PM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
I know I've chimed in when your were poking around this topic before, but I'll add something more specific this time. I know there are a lot of SPD fans, but I am not one. I find that LOOK (style) pedals are fairly easy, and comfortable for new users to get used to. Time pedals rock, but I find the fact that the float is spring centered on their newer pedals just un-rideable for me.

I currently ride Speedplays X series. If you're concerned about having too much float, or not enough then opt for the Zero series pedal - float is tunable, and I think they may have corrected some of the cleat spring problems that are present on the X series. I'm not going to lie to you...they can be finicky. Search the forum (I am sure you already have) for what is meant by that.

Whatever you end up with I am sure you will have positive things to say about them. Don't worry too much because you will probably change them within 2 years because you've decided it would be nice to try some other feature that a different pedal has, etc. Ever notice that everyone here has experience with 3, 4, 5 different clipless pedal systems??