View Single Post
Old 04-21-06, 04:30 PM
Brian Ratliff

Bikes: Three road bikes. Two track bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by banerjek
It is an interesting statement, but I think I agree. About 10 miles each way of my commute is on a busy undivided highway (speed limit 55, cars go about 65). The road curves and has many entrances/exits. Visibility is not great and I have seen many accidents. The year before last, I just happened to be nearby when a camaro collided head on with a truck. Pieces of the vehicles were flying all over the place and I had to dodge the axle of the truck (camaro driver killed and truck driver injured, btw).

Ironically, I feel safer on that road than I do on some rural highways and it is because I believe the drivers are paying attention. Between the curves, speed, and exiting/entering traffic, they have to. If you're wondering why there are so many accidents if they're paying attention, most of the time it's because people are trying to turn left when there isn't enough room.
Interesting. Where is this, just out of curiosity?
"If you’re new enough [to racing] that you would ask such question, then i would hazard a guess that if you just made up a workout that sounded hard to do, and did it, you’d probably get faster." --the tiniest sprinter