View Single Post
Old 04-24-06, 07:50 AM
paul_in_toronto

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cavernmech
Why so bitter with CBN? As someone mentioned they are a VOLUNTEER organization. Maogosha, the woman who runs the place, does so for little financial gain. On top of this she is a super nice, dedicated person. How about instead of ranting about how much better you could run it, you just put up and volunteer? It's easy to sit there and criticize.....not so easy to actually do something to help. They do tons of great things for cycling in Toronto...Wenches with Wrenches....Yellow Bike Program....Tool Rentals. You seem so ready to criticize....what have YOU done for cycling in Toronto? *End Rant*

Hmm

I started a few shops to give people cheap bikes and repairs.

I ran an ALLEY CAT race totally out of my pocket and everyone got 3 prizes. PLUS you didnt have to be a bike courier to enter m so in fact I help to expand the scene

I built and sold one of the first cheap fixed gear wheels so people with very little cash could give it a go
This is back when the cheapest well used a sovos hub and was $110 US.

I had a bunch of inexpensive frames made which were priced cheaper then anyone else

I gave most of the bikecouriers in city financial assistance with parts and bike purchases. That almost put me out of bussiness...

Hmmmmm I helped out a smaller shop by wholesaling parts to them

I always volunteered for recycled art auction.

I had 5 different events for bike week last year.

I helped get the bike lane in on dundas street east.

I was a liason between the recycled art auction and City TV

I have donated a pile of used bicycles to charity.

I think I used to hand out bike propaganda to people.. I think that was the same time I printed up all these
flyers about companies that supported aparthied.

I have helped people in other bikeshops pick out bikes, even crappy tire. Even at the sale I was helping out a lady find a bike.

Is that enough KIETH? or you want more?