cavernmech
Jonnys ilegitimate Father

Bikes: too many too list

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jeremywhitehorn
i meant to say: based on the fact that the last toronto alley cat attracted 6 people, perhaps a sprint or time trial event would generate more interest than a traditional alley cat? at least in terms of bringing non-messengers out to race. i don't want to be disrespectful to the messenger community in terms of stepping on anyone's toes, race-wise, but my initial thought is anyone should be free to organise a race where all are welcome.
to answer your question i think an evening thing would me more appropriate. perhaps have the starting heats/timed riders going off about an hour before the sun sets then finishing up in the dark (bring your lights)? leaves enough time for a few beers and a trackstand comp.
Lets do it up. Perhaps a trial run is in order. Wouldn't take long at all to organize. Do one maybe mid-May. If it works out well we can organize another one later to be part of the series. I can take care of the prize end. Just figure out a date and get a flyer happening. Who wants to nominate themselves for the flyer/artwork end? A thankless job with no recompense...JACKPOT!! I can draw stick figures if no-one wants it