Old 04-24-06, 05:43 PM
Helmet Head
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What is Levi's plan?

OK, so what's going on with Levi in 2006? He did well in the TDC, except for the disappointment in the ITT, and since then I haven't heard anything. Is he quietly preparing for the Tour without even a race to test his condition? Does this sound a good plan to anyone? What would be the point? To get off everyone's radar? To get in the best form ever, without letting anyone know, so he can launch a real surprise attack? But if he's serious, a strong result in the prologue will put him right back on the radar, as will the 52km ITT in Stage 7. The first mountain stage is not until stage 10, but even it has 44k of downhill before the finish, so not a good one to plan some huge breakaway. And he's already taken seriously enough to not be given too much leeway, so I don't see the point of trying to keep his form a secret. I suppose he could try to keep it low key until Stage 11 (Pla-de-beret), and then really kick it on the first mountain top finish before anyone realizes what's going on (assuming he's strong enough to take some serious time out of Basso et. al.). What else could his plan be? Even his website lists no races until the Tour. No Dauphine. No Tour de Suisse. Nada. I don't get it.