Old 04-27-06, 10:35 AM
whoosh!
armchair touring

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nyc chain, a double-edged sword.

oh i love my nyc chain. my bike is by no means up to the standards of the 3ren NJS colnago full campy's many of you here own, but it's definatly the most money i've ever spent on one thing, ever. so my nyc lock gives that peace of mind i need when i lock it in front of the beer disributer, house party, or office building.

i always rock it around the waist, with lock at hip.

well, yesterday i was bombing down an empty sidewalk, (i know that sounds bad, trust me i almost never ride down the sidewalk, but this particular one was a block from my destination, and TOTALLY empty.) and i saw a surprisingly steep handicap ramp up to the entrance of this abandoned office. i figured the other side would be a handicap ramp as well, and thought it would be fun to bomb up and down the two, birm style.

the other side was a flight of 10 stairs.

i panicked, half bunny-hopped/half rode them out, and wholly busted my ass. gravity doesnt like pursuit bikes and laughs at them when they endo.

long story short, i slammed the concrete lock-side down, and busted up my hip. i have a bruise the size of a football. and now i cant work for a few days, let alone ride at all, let alone walk up stairs. man. those locks are vicious. think i'm gonna go blow the dust off my u-lock.