View Single Post
Old 05-01-06, 02:14 PM
well biked

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 162 Times in 89 Posts
I had a "Mossberg MX" bicycle I bought new in about 1973 or so. It was, for its time, a very nice bike for a 20" wheel bike, retailed for $135, and was sold at real bike shops. The thing was built like a tank (in a good way), and I did jumps on it that to this day make me thankful to be alive..........I'm not sure the term "BMX" had been coined yet, but the sport of motocross was incredibly popular, as was Evil Knievel, and to have a bicycle that was capable of radical jumps without breaking into pieces was well worth the money. At the time, an AMF or Murray banana seat 20" wheel bike could be bought new for around $40, I believe, and I had an AMF before the Mossberg, but there was no comparison. The Mossberg MX was not a banana seat bike, but had a seatpost and traditional-style saddle..........Mossberg also made road bikes, and I've seen reference to them on this board; there will probably be others who know about those. I think for the time Mossberg made bicycles (I have no idea if the Mossberg bikes had any connection to the gun maker), they were quality bikes-