BroMax
The Other White Meat

Bikes: Raleigh Sports 3 speed, Torker T-530

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dbg
Hmmm. So you passed a steel frame connecting two rapidly spinning steel wheels through a large, pulsing magnetic field. Very interesting.
I like the explanation alluded to here best. I don't know WHY this is but I remember experimenting with electric motors and generators back in the days when everyone thought "Univac" when you mentioned computers. Through some coincidence, the conditions were just right for your bicycle wheels or crank to cut the electromagnetic lines of flux in such a way that your bike became a generator. Maybe your first shock occurred when you passed through a small puddle, providing a ground? It could be the guard rail, where you had another shock, also served as a ground or maybe it was charged. Maybe this idea is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Lowell Pontė was writing about electromagnetic pollution back in the 1970's. Homeowners would stand under high tension wires running near their houses with flourescent tubes which would glow just from being in proximity to the lines. If you have the inclination, try the fluorescent light experiment and/or see what indications you can pick up with a (milli)voltmeter.