View Single Post
Old 05-01-06, 04:45 PM
dminor 
Moar cowbell

Bikes: Bike list is not a resume. Nobody cares.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Spent last week in Park City, Utah (the Olympics/Sundance Film Festival/Deer Valley Park City). Hit the lower trails out around Round Valley and such - - the sagebrush foothills around PC. Wildflowers are all out and the weather was great! Most of the north slopes of the hills are too snow- or mud-covered still to ride, so I got in a lot of "out 'n backs;" but it was fun nonetheless.

All of the upper stuff around the ski hills are still snowed in, so no Town Loop or Sweeney Switchbacks or anything, but it was still all good. The place was relatively quiet, it being between ski and mtn bike season. Hope I can get back down for the Deer Valley Nats.

Also found the dirt jump park outside of town. They have a nice little setup there for people like me to hone their 'air' skills. One beginner line, an imtermediate and two expert sets - - one of which I worked up to and more or less cleaned by the end of two evenings there. All in all, PC is a great mountain biking locale; my vacation just hit it a couple or three weeks too early.