View Single Post
Old 05-01-06, 05:27 PM
babyface_311

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Specialized P Series & Alike

I little background on me. I grew up BMX racing. I moved to Idaho 2 years go. Right now my set-ups are a Mosh BMX 24" Cruiser. I love that bike for free riding and overall riding in town. There is a dirt jump track close to my house that I sometimes go to. My other bike I have is a older Rockhopper. I think it was new in 98. Its doesn't have a front shock or anything. I was looking the other day for a new mountain bike I came across the Specialized P series, which seems like the ideal bike for me ( a combo between my mountain bike and my BMX ). I should also mention I am 6'-4" 210 lbs.

I have read alot of reviews and it seems like people either love them or hate them. What are some other companies that make these models of bikes? What do you all recommend, Specialized or another brand?

Those of you that you that do ride these style of bikes, how do you like them, what should I look for, how well do they climb hills ( I know they are not made for that, but if has to be better than my single speed 24" BMX bike ). Would you buy new or try to find a used one?

One thing I want to get into taking this bike up ski resort lifts in the summer and riding trails down, I think this bike would be ideal.

Any info you can give me on these bikes I would greatly appreciate it.