View Single Post
Old 05-02-06, 03:46 PM
dynaryder
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I give props to both Revolution and Bike Pro on M in Georgetown(across from the Key Bridge,next to each other). Revolution has some of the best wrenches,but their selection is limited. Bike Pro has a good selection,but their service dept can sometimes get backed up.

City Bikes in Adams Morgan has a good selection. Sales/repair service varies depending on who's working. They've lost two sales to me(both my Cannondales,which I wound up buying from Bike Pro),but there's a couple Pirates working there now,so it should improve.

HTO in Tenleytown(one block up from the Metro) is cool. Decent selection and I've had good interactions with the staff and mechanics.

Avoid Big Wheel in both Georgetown and Bethesda. Bought my Kona in Georgetown,and noticed later that it was missing an adjuster for the rear shifter. Also,no clips/straps on the pedals and no reflectors(I don't care about either,just pointing it out). I've looked over a couple bikes at the Bethesda location that weren't right. Wrong fork,tires,or even cranks from what the manufacturers spec on their sites.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X