View Single Post
Old 05-02-06, 06:22 PM
turtleguy54

Bikes: 1971 Motobecane Grand Record (frame), 1983 Vitus 979 (Bought new and built up. My son still rides it), 1978 Raliegh Roadster (complete but totally torn down right now. 28" wheels, Surly Cross Check ( my love. What a bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Capejohn.let me apologize for being the first to jump on your comments and diverting this thread. But, Jeez, what a strange position to take on this of all forums. No wonder we decided to let the North have Massachusetts in 1865.
My Mom told me something when I was 11 after I had made a remark about the clothes worn by a boy at church and I have followed this advice ever since "Do not talk about money. If you have it, they will know you are bragging. If they don't, you will embarrass them and may lose a friend."
I find our culture and our bike shops veering away from this simple idea and we can see the results on the bike paths and in the work place.
Let us celebrate two wheels and not a head badge! Let us encourage more people to pump up those old tires in the garage and head down the drive, the devil take the marketeers who expect us to follow their whims.
And in closing, to make this post revelent to the poster, I miss the wood floors, variety of bikes, and people who genuinely enjoyed putting people on two wheels.
P.S. Big Paulie, I'm with you! As long as it includes pie. Found the loveliest bakery about 25 miles from home. It has got to be the best