celephaiz
I sing the body electric

Bikes: 2006 CrossCheck, Fuji Track 2004

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thebikebiz.com (and USPS)

So last week i ordered some of those sweet Nitto 021 bullhorns from these guys. They shipped it out via USPS. I tracked the package online. On monday, USPS "attempted" delivery unsuccessfully and "left a notice." On Tuesday, USPS "delivered" the handlebars. Thing is, no one in the building mail center, building management office, my office, or security desk has any knowledge of the package coming in or of any notice that was left on monday or tuesday... I went down to the post office to see if they could tell me who delivered the package or who received it. In my profession (investigator for the dept of labor) i deal with postal workers a lot. Never in my life have i experienced people that have the attitude of, and behave as postal workers. And i mean ALL of them. I have never met one that didn't have an attitude problem. I, similarly, have never met one whose work ethic went beyond a "if your package is in arms reach, i'll get it, otherwise you're SOL." So basically, I've been forced to accept that USPS will never locate my handlebars.

Anyway, to get to the point, i was in contact with two people at thebikebiz.com (Bob Rolke and Marty Woy) and have to grade them an A+ in service. Marty has been shooting emails back and forth within like 30-45 minutes of my questions and updates. They thanked me for my efforts in tracking down the package and are shipping me out another bar. Furthermore, they no longer offer USPS shipping and deal exclusively with UPS (+1 for them learning from mistakes). I'd deal with them again without reservation.... just to let y'all know.