View Single Post
Old 05-04-06, 08:45 AM
HillRider

Bikes: '96 Litespeed Catalyst, '05 Litespeed Firenze, '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '20 Surly Midnight Special, All are 3x10. It is hilly around here!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2026 Post(s)
Liked 1,096 Times in 742 Posts
Originally Posted by cruentus
A true mark of a wannabe wrencher-elitist is their constant bashing of Craftsman tools. "Craftsman sucks. Look at me. I'm so sophisticated and elite."

Most pro auto mechanics don't use craftsman tools -- Mac or Snap-on being preferred. That said, craftsman tools are more than adequate for DIY home mechanics.
Absolutely right. Nearly all of my tools are Craftsman (except for Park bike tools) and they have been completely satisfactory for all my automotive and mechanical work. Their lifetime, no questions asked warranty is very nice but I've rarely needed to use it.

Mac or Snap-On are "preferred" by pro auto mechanics for one major reason, Mac and Snap-On tool trucks come to their place of business to take orders and deliver right to the shop. I've known several pro mechanics who use Craftsman tools and think they are every bit as functional as Proto, Snap-On and Mac but they have to go buy them themselves.