Old 05-04-06, 09:57 AM
DrWJODonnell
Slow'n'Aero

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jfmckenna
The hardest thing for me and sprinting is choosing the right gear to jump in. It's different every time. If I choose the wrong gear then I have to sit back down change gears and stand up again, I cannot manage to do this while standing and sprinting as I like to grab the drops rather then the hoods. Most of the time my sprints are finished sitting down and spinning out.

I am definitelly not a smart sprinter
Well, the spinning out part is great. Sit down get your nose down by the stem and you can really fly past people pushing so much wind. I do have to say though, likely the reason you are not considering yourself a good sprinter is due to the fact that you cant shift from the drops. This is either because you put your hands on the bar ends and not in the forward, power portion of the drops or because you are one of those people who put the brifters ridiculously high on the bar so they point forward and simply cannot be accessed from the drops.

Work on shifting from the drops while standing. It is an easy skill to learn and if you are beating people without being able to do this, imagine how dominant you will be if you can shift from the drops.