hill hater

Location: norton ohio 5.5 miles from center road tow path trail head

Bikes: cannondale t400 1987 model and a raleigh gran prix from 1973

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bekologist
Bruces' statement in #65 is patently false; a narrow outside laned roadway does NOT provide all the advantages of a preferred lane for bicyclists. In addition, plying the 'segregation' gambit is a dubious and misleading way of fingering bike lanes as the cause of these tragedies.

Skewed, maligned, misleading, and macabre. These deaths were a result of distracted drivers, some vague 'cyclosegregation' myths, or gorillas playing basketball?

in a related construct, most of us northern tier commuters that ride year round are familiar with riding to and fro in the dark.

I think visibility is more important than lane position after dark.

At night, which is more crucial for driver recognition and negotiation past cyclists? Visibility, or lane position?

Mr, HEAD, when is the last time YOU rode at night? Do you feel visibility, or lane position, is a more valuable tool for cyclist recognition after dark?

Here is a picture of a particularily useful velotransit accomodation for Seattle bicyclists, day or night, in the picture below. At night, what would be a good choice of positioning-to the right of the passable WOL( to the right of the bike lane stripe, i mean), or out in the main travel lane?

and if the rider was using no lights or visibility equipment at night, where would the cyclist be the safest - where would a night riding, darklighter bicyclist position themselves for maximum safety on this roadway- in the main travel lane, or to the right, in the velotransit lane?

Why am i even posting in this macabe thread? Mr. HEAD, he even bumped his own 'bike lane death' thread in march with a 'bike lane accident' to keep his spiel alive, his hype about vague 'notions', his illusory armchair observations. Downright macabre.
He likes to talk about of center deaths but never about those who were in the center of the lane who were killed. When these incidents are broght to his attention he ignores them and does not comment. I suspect though he will comment in reply to this and ask for a link showing him one of these posts he ignored and once posted he will ignore the reply and go on about the bike lane or off centerdeaths.

See heres the thing vc does infact work some what. Mostly though it simply gets those border line drivers who may or may not buzz you to pass you with more distance. And if you happen to see some one passing you to closely and are in the center of the lane you can move right to increase your distance from the car.