Old 05-07-06, 06:00 PM
eyefloater
Me talk pretty one day.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by somnambulant
That's exactly why they'd chose the subway stations. So people can ride to the subway and then leave their bike there while they're at work/school/etc.

edit: also, the only camera-monitored bike lockup I know of downtown is at MEC. There are likely others, but that's the only one I know of for certain.
Really? Have you ever seen the cctv monitors for that/those camera(s) inside? Was any staff member around to keep an eye on them? I've never seen the cameras there but it would be pretty sweet if there was a bit of extra security to make use of.

There's a guy who's a regular at C.T. - he rides a 2006 Bianchi 9-2-8 lugged carbon frame w/ full Campy Chorus and absolutely adores the bike. Since he takes the bike everywhere and locking it up on the street is obviously not an option, he just shoulders it and brings it in anywhere and everywhere he goes. Obviously this raises the hackles of security guards across the GTA. That being said, I think I'd rather tell security to piss off and a business owner that my bike stays or my money and I leave vs. risk the bike getting stolen or just not being able to take it out on certain trips.

I empathize with businesses that have to deal with cumbersome objects moving through their store (strollers, bikes I guess) but at the same time I don't use my bicycle as a battering ram and I know the odds of it getting stolen if it doesn't come in with me.