View Single Post
Old 05-07-06, 06:03 PM
mcoine

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Not here. Most of the xc guys also dh etc.

There are some hardcore old school xc guys that might make fun of you for needing a long travel bike on such a such trail. But speaking from experience, anything *can* be ridden on a xc steed. Just depends on the skill level of the rider. These guys would smoke you and then offer you a smoke talking about the good ole days on modified beach cruisers etc...they don't hate, they just want the young to remember To them everything is xc...some is faster, slower, bigger, badder...but still just good ole trail riding.
this is true. back in the day (for me, early to mid 90's) it was just mtn biking. Do some people really think that we would stop and walk our rigid bikes over a drop or jump? And of course, we had to walk our rigid xc bikes down any hills we came across.. right! Don't get me wrong, new bikes can do some crazy new things. I am mainly an xc rider because I have lost some fearlessness I had as a youth in bmx and mtn biking, but I think what freeriders are doing is totally sick.
I picked up a new bmx plus the other day, holy crap, the things guys are doing on bmx bikes now is amazing compared to the early 80's when I was racing and trick riding.