Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sers
why'd you go for the fuji over the iro?
the fuji track will definitely total you $100 less than a decent iro setup

Originally Posted by Renz
It feels to me like you're going to be spending a ton of dosh upgrading the components. I love mine too and just about the last thing to go is the frame
i've been riding mine hard for almost six months now and the only thing i've replaced is the tires and the chainring, because i wanted to run a smaller gear. everything else is holding up fine, so brand names and cool points aside, i'm still fine with my bike. i ran some chopped drops on there for a while, but realized they were crap and put the fuji ergos back on there. i'd say for the price you pay for it, it's a great setup. not that i have experience with other bikes... yet

Originally Posted by ka12na
The paint job on these Fuji Tracks are too shiny! I will never replace it! Until I find a new shinier one. >.>
i agree-- the first time i saw high quality digital photos of my bike i was like "wow... that is really pretty." but my paintjob is already getting all busted on the top tube because of locking up on campus... so i might have to get a new paintjob in the next few months

also, even judging by the angle of that photo, i'd say your horns are really angled. but hey, if that's how you like them, then **** yeah.

finally, you asked about the reflectors. oh boy. i had a time with those things. to be honest, i think that once they're on there, they want them to stay on there. it took me a half hour, a pair of needle nose pliers, a few cuts, and some elbow grease to get those things out of my spokes. you know those anti-theft devices they put on clothes in nice stores? or an industrial strength plastic ziptie? imagine trying to get one of those off by hand. and there you have your task. basically i chewed up the plastic with the pliers until the two halves would separate. you could probably also use a nutcracker of some sort to just break the reflector, but even then i think you might have some trouble getting the pieces that surround the spoke to let go. just know that you're not going to get them off without breaking them, and that they're sketchy being on there anyway-- they're held in place by the tension of being stuck between spokes, and right when i got my bike home one came loose and got caught sticking sideways out of the wheel. bad times. so yeah, do what you can to get them off... if you still want to run reflectors, put your own, trustable ones on there.

anyway, welcome to the fuji track family... i'd say most kids that ride them are pretty happy with them.