Old 05-11-06, 05:18 PM
gokiburi

Bikes: sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Bent
I'll try and check out some more Contact exhibits this weekend. There are 3 in the market. I saw part of the one at Xpace before running into someone I hadn't seen in awhile. Cut to coffee and catching up. That's been the best one so far... aboriginals, rights of passage, pretty candid material. There's some local stuff on King east, Toronto Squared I think is what the show is called. We'll see how it is.
there's an interesting one right in the brassai alley where i work. brain farting, can't remember the artist. each piece is a bunch of pics assembled together of the same demographic of people wearing more or less the EXACT same clothes. you'll have old men ALL in their plaid sweaters and corduroy jackets.. old ladies in their raincoats and frumpy hats.. mindless trendy guys in their pre-washed jeans and tight fitting white puma sneakers (ok i made that up).. the power of demographics is really interesting. ok i'm off for mother's dinner with me ma and pa.. (what the hell is wrong with y'all)