Old 05-11-06, 06:47 PM
the beef
100% USDA certified

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
My 1980s Schwinn Super Sport (pics)

(Made a thread asking about this bike earlier, but as far as I'm concerned, that thread is done.) Anyway, I picked up this Schwinn Super Sport the other day. I had originally set out to buy a steel Univega off of a friendly guy from Craigslist, but then I noticed a vintage Schwinn in the corner. It was light, pretty, and looked great. Trouble is, he didn't want to let go. I bargained with him for what seemed like the longest time, and finally got it for $85, with a bent rear wheel. Sort of an impulsive buy.

The rest of the bike ran great, and looked great as well (minus shredded bar tape). Right now I'm just scouting for used 700c rear wheels with cassettes attached, that I can just pop on and use (if you've got an extra one I could have, PM me!) but for now I'm making do with this Bontrager Select wheel stolen off of my other road bike! As a result, we've got this scary mish-mash of vintage steel Schwinn-ness and modern-day "Lance-era" components. Oh well. Looks pretty nifty to me as it is right now!

Tell me what you think.

Last edited by the beef; 05-11-06 at 06:53 PM.