Jakey
Feed me your soul!

Bikes: Torelli 20th Anniversary, Trek 2000, Kona NuNu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2wheeled
TD was already off the pace before Savoldelli cracked. TD eventually caught up to his team mate and helped him on the last few km's. I don't think Savoldelli is out, but Basso is clearly the strongest from what I've seen so far. Hats off to Sastra though, what a great team mate to have.

As for Ullrich, he's not looking too good right now is he, but, we're still a month and a half away. We'll see a different Ullrich in July and a podium finish.

I predict that Ullrich has a good time trial, pushes himself in a mountain stage or two, and bows out of the giro. I didn't see all of the footage of the stage today...but people are giving him crap for finishing that far down (16 minutes) my only question is...was he even trying to stay with the leaders? ...remember he is there to build up his form...not to compete for the GC. Its my hope that he is playing opossum a little bit... It would be a smart thing to do really... let EVERYONE think he is way off track... and then come into july and just set the road on fire. Which is what I am hoping for.

Barring any illness or crash.. I think Basso is going to win the Giro. Savoldelli can't decend fast enough to make up the time Basso is going to gain in the mountains... today he just blew Cunego away, it was almost like Lance giving Jan 'the look'. Cunego attacks, Basso jumps on his wheel...then its Goooooooodbye. Awesome.