View Single Post
Old 05-17-06, 07:02 AM
wonkemtel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks for the company mitch-1st commute

Well yesterday I got home and threw the bike rack on and went to the nearest LBS I could find open (my reg is closed Tues). Tired of flats in back I bit the bullett and got new tires, continentals with some kevlar so ok $100.10 for the pair which bites but was going to commute the next day (today ) for 1st time so ok get home take out dog, quick ride for shakedown, just 8 or nine miles each way , except on way home stop at Pharmacy supply for tool to help get socks on since hip surg, didnt have, barely went through the door, not even in there three minutes, out, primary cateye light stolen, back to LBS for light, bit 2nd bullett and got a x3 for 149 inc tax.
and then home for dog out and then change quick an to 2nd job till 9:30pm....barely made it on time.
In bed by 11- asleep by midnight.

Up at 415, reset alarm but then got up and decided to do it. Struggled to turn on the light but did and headed out. I had packed the night before and guessed at rainpants but just jeersey on top with rain jacket in trunk. Not much sleep but I was excited to commute.
Made it from Wauconda to libertyville and head a on your left but then rode side by side with a polite gentleman who turns out to be a fellow teacher, he commutes 1/2 the year about 5 miles each way, very polite and encouraging when I said my first time etc and impressed at my 20+ miles each way. Well I made it and I appreciate the company even for a while, it makes the miles quicker. Didn't bring my computer up to my room but I made it and was dressed and working prior to 7:30. Good 1st commute half done for a day and a nice conversation, and 20 + miles in before 7 AM. It's a good start.

does the x3 headlight unclip easily and how please, I was in a hurry but it should be safe in the back office downstairs, lots of stairs and no elevator but maybe I'll keep my bike up here in future.

Thanks to all here for their insights that gave the the chance to take the plunge.

Last edited by wonkemtel; 05-17-06 at 07:10 AM.