View Single Post
Old 05-17-06, 12:52 PM
Derailed

Bikes: Priority Continuum Onyx; Hunter CX

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
To go north I follow Riverside along the river. You can get to Riverside from ND by heading west on Angela. To get to Niles, you could try taking Riverside all the way to Darden. Go east on Darden to Laurel and head north; at the IN/MI border Laurel makes a slight jog and becomes Adams. Continue north on Adams until you hit Bertrand. Head east for just a bit on Bertrand and then go north on Bond which will take you into Niles. I've ridden all of this except the last bit on Bond into Niles, but I'm optimistic that it will be a nice route.

[Edit on 6/9/2006]: Oops! I made a big goof when I wrote this-- you can not take Laurel straight through to Adams due to St. Pat's Park. One way around is to take Laurel to Auten and then go East to Kenilworth and then go West at State Line Road to get on Adams (this is not far out of your way). Also, I rode Bond into Niles last night and found that it isn't paved for part of the way. However, it was fairly smooth and I had no problem riding it with my smooth 700 x 35 tires. It connects to a bike path into town. Alternatively, you could just stay on Kenilworth and take that all the way into Niles (it turns into 3rd). Sorry again-- if this caused you any problems I'll owe you a beer!

-D

Originally Posted by sarill9
Does anyone know a good way out of town north (to Niles) from Notre Dame? Or East to Granger? Let me know if you have any good routes....

Last edited by Derailed; 06-09-06 at 03:42 PM.