Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 05-17-06, 01:03 PM
jeremywhitehorn
In Velo Veritas

Bikes: Menonite black urbanite, probably enough spare parts to make anther one.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by operator
Some of the slower riders from teh bus but the faster guys are all strung out on the road. If we have enough people we should do our own pack/paceline.

Oh right!

Darned exams. My sleep shedule is all over the place, 2am is earliest, I slept at 7am this morning.

Whoa, is that a photoshop or did you really h4x0r the sign like some dude with the GO Train "Stephen Harper eats babies thing?"

I'll get back to you in a week. There's supposed to be a wedding or something I hope there's beer.

Here's the route i took, BAH way to crash google maps API, you suck. Anyways it's basically like Jeremy said. Lakeshore rd all the way to Hamilton and a bit past it, then North service road all the way east until you hit St. Catharines. After that I have no idea as I stopped in teh hick town.

Road condition wise. Lakeshore is alright. North service road is also fine. Lakeshore gets narrow going from kipling to Hamilton, 2 lane road only so you may want to detour north or something, I wanted a direct route so no go with that.

Also the stretch of north service road can also be replaced by climbing the escarpment to the south and then doing some funky stuff with the roads in there - I didn't do that because I needed a direct route.

Also that 60km stretch to niagara falls once you turn east on south shore of Lake O. is the most boring piece of **** you'll ever see. Ride profile is that it's all flat, and you'll be eating wind either on the way to Hamilton or on the way to Niagara. Depending on which direction (T.O -> Hamilton = 90km, Hamilton -> Niagara = 50-70km), you'll suffer, or not.

North service road has a giant wall on the south edge but otherwise it's open, meaning wind in your facez0r.

Edit: trolling downtown bike stores before the ride.
that's why i recommend taking the route further inland on the way there, passing through wellandport / welland and getting to NOTL by passing the falls from the south west first.