scrublover
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Bikes: hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by snowy
WESTSIDE ALL THE WAY those guys rock. In Boulder REDSTONE CYCLERY!!! Well its actually Lyons, Colorado but the guy Dave is really cool, small place but everyone hangs there and chats it up with him. Just a few weeks ago bf and I were there and a guy from Laramie, WY has a broken part on his bike, Dave took that off of his own bike so that the guy could ride. Now that is SERVICE!!

Yep. Dave rocks! He's gotten me stuff nice and quick when I've ordered it, always has good info.

Larry up at Mtn. High is the same way, from my experiences.

Both usually have a beer or three floating around the shop, too.

I don't even bother with the shops down south any longer. When one of these guys can get stuff for me faster/cheaper, and with less drive involved to get it, why would I? since I'm doing 99% of my own mech work, the service thing is pretty much a non-issue. Though Larry has built a couple wheels for me, very nicely I might add. And the guys over at Blue Sky did a very nice quicky/hurry wheel true job one day.

There is a nice little local shop about four blocks away that I hit up when I need basics stuff like a cable/tubes/lube and so on. I like giving him some business that way, since I won't likely be buying anything big there. Feels nice to support the little guys.