古強者死神
Team Katana

Bikes: None /cry

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a question to add.

I was asking about the best way to hold my bike in my truck at the LBS today its a little chevy s-10 pickup with a toolbox in the back.

They showed me this really neat mount that will scew onto my toolbox and hold the frame via where the front tire goes.

I wanted to avoid taking the front tire off is possible since I have been reading about people messing up there brake alignment and stuff when they do that (although I dont think thats a normal thing) My concern is with only that mount holding the bike I am afraid of damaging or atleast stressing the frame out with side to side pressure when I turn, or maybe even a strong wind, the frame isnt really supposed to take a internal sideways pressure, think it will be ok and im just being paranoid?

It would be very similar to how the picture above mounts but with nothing holding the rear wheel down and it would be up at an angle. I will see if I can find some pictures.

My "home made" option that I was going to do was build a nice 2x4 "frame" that sits in the bed of the truck that holds both wheels in place so it wont move and tie the front end to the toolbox and the rear end down the bed mounts, that or maybe even just lay the bike down in the truck with the front wheel off.

guess it would be somthing very similar to this http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=4413

but just imagine instead of having it mounted at the bottom of the bed in the truck it would be ontop of my toolbox so the bike would be sitting up almost at its normal angle like it had the front wheel on, maybe abit higher.

It would kinda mont like this but higher up.

Last edited by 古強者死神; 05-17-06 at 10:55 PM.