View Single Post
Old 05-18-06, 02:33 PM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
rpc. Wish had suggested to you earlier.Was not sure of your feelings about Roussillon? To get to Perpignan via cheap flights from London. Most find it difficult to connect via the major airlines and get a good fare .
Out of London to get to Perpignan. There are some no frills airlines called Ryan and Flybe, I think? The rest are AIr France and they don't always give excursion fares to Perpignan.
Should you truly be interested in Roussillon, give a PM and will suggest ideas, if you'd like.
If you feel financially bothered by air fare to Europe . I think you choose the right region. Roussillon is considerably less expensive than the Riveria. Also, have a Spanish option nearby.
About housing in this area, act early. We checked bookings in Collioure. They are full up, almost in all categories from June to August 30. There are less expensive options. The area has variety.You just might have to choose a 40 minute bike ride to the beach in order to have a 50% savings.
Also, Trains will get you to the far out regions of Languedoc Roussillon. An interesting area is the Carmargue. (Particularily, now with DaVinci Code coming out?)
I hope you will continue to be stoked. I would be. Hope you have the vacation of your life. Collioure is tres jolie. As one or two other members of BF have testified.
Also, check out the Chateau at Carcisonne. An easy two hour drive.
Good timing. August hot spells that often hit will not be a worry. Also, if you are a snorkeler, you are in for a treat.There is a national marine park at Banyuls sur Mer.

Last edited by cyclezealot; 05-18-06 at 02:52 PM.