View Single Post
Old 05-18-06, 10:02 PM
jayhuse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In response to what type of riding I will do.

Well, I will be doing street pavement type riding. I want a bike that can eat up mileage as fast as possible. I wil be doing a comutte to work that is about 18 miles one way which is probably around 40 miles total in a day. So effficiency is probably something to think about.

Additionally I have an awsome carbon frame bike I just bought BUT, I have a few reservations about it. First I am sort of worried about getting it ripped off if I leave it on my bike rack somewhere. It is like 2K worth of junk. I also made the mistake of not planning to get on the Airforce base for work. It appears that my commute is great up to the last 2 miles then it becomes dangerous as hell.

Essentially everyone is packed into driving lanes where they are checked for security. Well the traffic is funnelled into 2 to 4 lanes and these guys get off of lanes very fast. I tried my first commute the other day with my bike and said WOW this is nuts. I have talked to other guys about biking in an they all say the same thing. IT IS dangerous as hell.

SO not to be long winded I need a way to like bike but also maybe carry it in a back pack then reaseemlbe it once I get on the other side of the base.

I thought about trying to keep the bike somewhere else as well or hidding it. Just trying to come up with ways to bike an commute without running the risk of trying to pack a bike in somebodies car or if my wife transports me an the bike NOW i have to get 2 bike racks on our cars.

It just seem that the Folding bike might be an option to give me more options without restricinting myself.

Anyway another question is I am 6,2 an 195lbs is that too heavy for a folding bike ? What is the so called bounce or bend that guys are talking about when riding a bike ??

Thanks

Jay