View Single Post
Old 05-19-06, 07:10 PM
sunshine1

Bikes: Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for your thoughtful response Velogirl! I really need to hear things like this. I am happy to hear you support Race whatever or don't support Race whatever. Its a very personal decision and this is a true eye opening experience for me. Not quite like selling the Girl Scout cookies I used to do.

Anyway, I do know that ALOT of people dont care for Lance Armstrong for personal reasons and his decisions whatever they may be affect perception. What I do know is that the name and his org does a lot for the cancer community so as a cyclist and cancer has affected 2 members of my family it is a fundraiser I can believe in.

I am glad that you took the time to respond and good luck to you in all your centuries! I have yet to do one but am hoping for my 1st at TOMRV in Iowa in June! Can't wait to celebrate that accomplishment. I am like you in some respects that when I enter a fundraising event I consider my entry fee my donation. This experience I am doing is all new to me so thanks again! Livestrong!

P