Thread: Bike Appraisal
View Single Post
Old 05-20-06, 07:02 PM
SideburnsJokes
Car Fodder

Bikes: Schwinn Worldsport Converstion, Fuji Track, Fuji Boulevard, Magneet Sprint

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike Appraisal

I recently had a bike totalled by a car. He addmitted fault and is ready and willing to compensate me for the damage. The only issue is, I have no idea how much the bike is worth. It's a Magneet Sprint from the late 70's. Has mostly Campy components, including the wheelset, that are original to the bike. I got it used and fully rideable at a yard sale for $50 and thought that I was getting a pretty good deal. I am wondering what is a reasonable price to quote the guy, or if anyone knows a good place to get it appraised in Philly.

He's a nice guy; he lives about three blocks north of me and dropped by with his girlfriend (whom he was picking up at the time of the crash) the day after the incident to see how I was doing. I don't want to rip him off, but want to get duely compensated for the damage he did.

It's worth mentioning that I walked away from the crash with nothing more than some minor scrapes and bruises.